At Citrix, we measure the value of technology by how it benefits people. It’s about what they need to do and what they need to achieve.
Citrix certifications validate relevant, real-world and in-demand market skills required to successfully design, implement and manage IT solutions consisting of Citrix technologies. Citrix Education offers best-in-class certifications in the areas of Application and Desktop Virtualization, Enterprise Mobility, and Networking. IT professionals with experience designing, implementing and/or managing infrastructures consisting of Citrix technologies can validate their knowledge and skills and distinguish themselves by achieving the appropriate Citrix certifications.
IMPORTANT! Exam Discontinuations and Certification Retirements Announcement!
Effective immediately, Citrix will:
- Discontinue the following exams (in all languages):
- 1Y0-A17 Implementing Citrix XenDesktop 4
- 1Y0-A21 Basic Administration for Citrix NetScaler 9.2
- Retire the following certifications:
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) for XenDesktop 4
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) for NetScaler 9
What this means is that effective immediately these exams will no longer be available and the respective certifications will no longer be attainable. Individuals who have attained these certifications will not be impacted by these retirements.
On December 15, 2016, Citrix will discontinue the following exams (in Japanese)*:
- 1Y0-250 Implementing Citrix NetScaler 10 for App and Desktop Solutions
- 1Y0-350 Citrix NetScaler 10 Essentials and Networking
- 1Y0-370 Designing, Deploying and Managing Citrix XenMobile Solutions
- 1Y0-400 Designing Citrix XenDesktop 7 Solutions
*Note: the English version of these exams have been discontinued for some time. Again, once discontinued the exams are no longer available. Therefore, those interested in attaining the associated certifications by taking the Japanese version of these exams must act before December 15, 2016.
Otherwise, candidates have the option to take and pass the updated version of these exams—1Y0- 251, 1Y0-351, 1Y0-371 and 1Y0-401, respectively—that are available in both English and Japanese.
To learn more about these exam discontinuations and certification retirements, please go here.
Citrix Education Partners with American Registry to Offer Certification Plaques to Certified Citrix Professionals!
On April 28, 2016, Citrix Education announced the official launch of a new certification display offering - Citrix Certification Plaques. Certified Citrix professionals who hold the following certifications can now purchase digitally reproduced Citrix certificates on high quality recycled wooden substrates to hang on walls in their offices and/or homes:
- Citrix Certified Expert – Virtualization
- Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization
- Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization
- Citrix Certified Professional – Networking
- Citrix Certified Associate – Networking
- Citrix Certified Professional – Mobility
For a limited time, Citrix and the American Registry are extending a promotion of $29 off the base price of the first 100 certification plaques. To take $29 off the base price of a certification plaque while this promotion lasts, please go to www.americanregistry.com/citrix and enter promo code CTXCERT2016 during the checkout process.
Please note: Citrix Certification Plaques are a separate offering from Citrix Digital Badges and Citrix PDF and Paper Certificates that Citrix sends out to individuals who attain Citrix certifications.
Citrix Offers Digital Badges to Certified Citrix Professionals!
On August 31st, 2015, Citrix Education announced the official launch of its digital badging initiative.
This is one way of making it easy for certification holders to showcase their Citrix credentials on places like LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc. To learn more, check out this blog.
Recertification Paths for the CCE – V and CCP – V Certifications
If you hold the Citrix Certified Expert – Virtualization (CCE – V) or Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (CCP – V) certification, the only two active certifications that required multiple exams to initially attain, we have made it simple for you to recertify by taking and passing one exam.
While the certification you would like to retain is still current, (that is, prior to the expiration date of your individual certification), take and pass the most up-to-date exam associated with that certification. For example:
- CCE – V -> take and pass the 1Y0-401 Designing Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions exam
- CCP – V -> take and pass the 1Y0-301 Deploying Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 Solutions exam
To learn more, check out this blog.
Citrix Certification Exams Included in VA Education Benefits!
Veterans can now receive reimbursement in the below amounts if they take specific Citrix exams associated with the following Citrix certifications:
- Citrix Certified Expert – Virtualization (new) $300.00
- Citrix Certified Professional – Virtualization (new) $300.00
- Citrix Certified Associate – Virtualization (new) $200.00
- Citrix Certified Professional – Networking (new) $300.00
- Citrix Certified Associate – Networking (new) $200.00
- Citrix Certified Professional – Mobility (new) $300.00
- Citrix Certified Administrator for Citrix XenApp 6 (new) $150.00
- Citrix Certified Advanced Administrator for Citrix XenApp 6 (new) $150.00
- Citrix Certified Administrator for Citrix XenServer 6 (new) $150.00
Please note, if you intend to request reimbursement from the VA, the VA may request verification of your test score from Citrix. If that were to happen, Citrix will ask the VA to obtain your approval prior to sharing your test score with the VA. If you don’t plan on ever sharing your test score with the VA, please be aware that you may not receive reimbursement in situations where your test scores are requested.
For more information on VA Education benefits and eligibility for reimbursement, go here.
Citrix Certification Program Candidate Agreement Process
All certification candidates are required to accept and agree to the terms of the Citrix Certification Program Candidate Agreement before taking a certification exam.
Citrix recommends that you download and carefully review the agreement before your exam appointment. This agreement is not available at the testing center. It can be downloaded here, and it will be provided in your exam registration confirmation email.
Download the Citrix Certification Program Candidate Agreement.
The Citrix Certification Program Candidate Agreement contains nondisclosure obligations, trademark license rights, termination rights, indemnification obligations, disclaimers of warranties and limitations of liability, among other items.
Before scheduling your exam, please refer to the Citrix Candidate Conduct Policy.
Appointments may be made in advance or on the day you wish to test, subject to availability.