LPQualified (LPQ) / LPCertified (LPC) Exams
The Loss Prevention Foundation is a world leader in educating and certifying loss prevention professionals. With over 300 industry professionals participating in the development and maintenance of our education programs and with a Board of Directors comprised of top level retail LP executives; LPF has become the pre-eminent loss prevention education organization for your personal LP career advancement initiatives and your corporate LP education programs.
These exams were developed by The Loss Prevention Foundation and its committees comprised of loss prevention professionals, subject matter experts, professors and credentialing experts from Knapp & Associates International.
The LPQ exam is composed of 100 questions and a 2 hour time limit. The LPC is composed of 200 questions and a 3 hour time limit. Questions are multiple choice, vary in degree of difficulty and focus on these subject matter areas:
Becoming a Successful Business Person
Loss Prevention Basics and Tools
|Safety and Risk Management|
Supply Chain Security
Certification Application and Examination Information
Before scheduling an exam, you must do the following:
- Ensure you meet the minimum qualifications to sit for the exam.
- Pay the LPQ or LPC exam fee. (Whichever exam you are scheduling for yourself.)
- Download and read carefully, all of the following that apply to your exam:
- Code of Ethics (30 KB pdf)
- ADA (American’s with Disabilities Act) Disclosure (236 KB pdf)
- LPF Exam Handbook (181 KB pdf)
- LPQ Course Guide (1 MB pdf)
- LPC Course Guide (1.1 MB pdf)
- LPF Membership Guide (1.1 MB pdf)
- LPF Military Exam Handbook (479 KB pdf)
- Non-disclosure Agreement (Your Copy) (564 KB pdf)
- LPF: Recertification Handbook (192 KB pdf)
For more information visit the LPF website:
- LPQ: www.losspreventionfoundation.org/LPQExam.html
- LPC: www.losspreventionfoundation.org/LPCExam.html
Appointments may be made in advance or on the day you wish to test, subject to availability. To pay for and schedule your exam, you must establish a Pearson VUE account first and then pay for your exam with a valid credit card. After that, all you need to do is select your closest testing center, and schedule an appointment at your convenience.
Pearson VUE offers a variety of scheduling options—