The National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) offers the following credentials through its test vendor, Professional Testing (PTI):
- Registered Environmental Health Specialist or Registered Sanitarian (REHS/RS)
- Certified Environmental Health Technician (CEHT)
- Certified Installer of Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems (CIOWTS)
- Certified Professional-Food Safety (CP-FS)
- Healthy Homes Specialist (HHS)
- Comprehensive Food Safety Specialist (CCFS)
These marks of distinction assist both employers and the credentialed individual. Employers can be confident that a credentialed employee has acquired the knowledge necessary to competently perform their duties. Credentialed individuals may find positions easier to obtain, and may increase their earnings.
Code of Conduct Agreement
You will be required to affirm that you have read and accept the terms of the NEHA Code of Conduct Agreement onscreen before you will be able to schedule an appointment to take any NEHA exam. Please take a moment to review the terms of the Code of Conduct Agreement (117 KB pdf). If you choose not to accept these terms, you will not be allowed to schedule your exam.
Certification Application & Scheduling Information
Before scheduling an examination appointment, you must have already:
- Applied for the credential through NEHA
- Paid all corresponding fees to NEHA
- Been notified by NEHA of your eligibility to sit for the examination
For more information, contact NEHA during normal business hours (U.S. Mountain Time) at 303-756-9090, extension 337 for REHS/RS or CIOWTS and extension 328 for CP-FS.
NEHA will notify the individual after the application has been processed, which can take four to six weeks, of their eligibility status. If an individual is approved to test he/she will be sent an authorization letter by NEHA. Once you have received this authorization letter, you may schedule.
NEHA exams are coordinated through Professional Testing, Inc. Before scheduling an exam, you must receive an authorization-to-test email from NEHA. This email will include your candidate ID. You will need to schedule your exam at least 24 hours in advance. To cancel or reschedule, you must contact Pearson VUE no less than 24 hours in advance.