Symantec Certification Program
Symantec offers two distinct programs through the Pearson VUE test facilities.
Learn more about the Symantec Certified Specialist (SCS) and Symantec Certified Professional (SCP) certification exams offered by Pearson VUE by visiting the Symantec certification Web site.
Learn more about the partner technical assessments that lead to becoming a Symantec Technical Specialist (STS) or an Authorized Symantec Consultant (ASC).
Symantec Certification Testing Exclusive at Pearson VUE
Effective June 24, 2013, all Symantec certification exams are delivered by Pearson VUE. Please read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information about this change. For questions unanswered by the FAQ document, contact Global_Exams@Symantec.com.
IMPORTANT: Your name must exactly match the identification that is presented at the test center or you will be unable to take an exam and forfeit your exam fee.
Partners: Exam fees are listed as retail; the discount will automatically apply at checkout on the “My Order” page after you select the date and time for an exam.
Steps to a Successful Testing Experience
- Prepare. Symantec provides end user training paths to find courses, certification exam preparation material, and additional information. Partners should review PartnerNet training paths that outline the recommended preparation to complete the technical exams hosted by Pearson VUE.
- Select the appropriate exam for your learning path and register. The only way to register for a Symantec exam is through CertTracker. You will be unable to register via Pearson VUE’s website. Requirements for registration:
- Your CertTracker login credentials
- 24-48 hours advanced registration; No same day or next day walk-in test center registrations will be accepted.
- Read the Symantec Testing Policies about Exam Security and the Symantec Corporation Confidentiality Agreement before your exam appointment. You will be required to accept the agreement before beginning your exam.